Subject: Re: Awesomenews about Raptor.
From: [email-masked] (Ro Sato)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 08:33:01 +0900

Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]> wrote.

>Gee it seems funny to hear Alpha users disturbed about being left behind
>feature-wise when their machines are likely capable of supporting said
>new features...I noticed somewhat less sympathy from some in this
>previously elite group for Amiga 3.5 SA users who want THEIR 4.0 to be as
>functionally similar to other versions as possible when the machine can
>support the new feature!

Lots of us whose invested in Non - Deskstation Alpha machine have made
such decision since LW are being released at least in preminary state
for all Alphas.  Now all the sudden, halting this sales(even before actual
release) and saying "now on it will be only sold with Raptor" does sounds
a bit unfair.  I know they will continue to support those already sold
copies, but the user base for Non - Deskstation Alpha must be very tiny
(may be next to MIPS). So you kind a feel hairy to how much support you'll
get from NewTek in to the future.  Most of the hardware contents in Alphas
are similar or at least you can upgrade it to match what new alliances are
going to release, so why do we have to be left behind. :-)

Beside are current Deskstation Alpha included in all this service?  I
mean, those contract and agreements were just signed recently, so will
it cover for those sold before?

I was going to buy Raptor3 anyway but, if above is not cleared, I will
have to wait till next year when the whole thing is released.

Anyway,too much headache for spending so much money on near orphaned
platform. (Amiga -> Non - Deskstation Alpha)

Just another underdog lover... :-)

--
[email-masked] (Ro Sato) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]